Children and Young People with Disability Australia (CYDA) is a not-for-profit organisation and is the national representative organisation for children and young people with disability aged 0 to 25 years.
CYDA exists to ensure that children and young people with disability living in Australia are valued and living empowered lives with equality of opportunity.
Chief Executive Officer
Melbourne location / flexible working arrangements
Work type: Full-time
Salary: To be negotiated with the successful candidate based on their skills and experience
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate leader to lead a powerful national representative organisation for children and young people with disability in Australia. CYDA plays a significant role in the disability advocacy landscape through effective relationships and collaboration with Ministers, government officials and a range of organisations to advance the rights of children and young people with disability.
Leading a talented, diverse team, the incoming CEO will consolidate and continue the growth of the organisation, including retaining and attracting funding to ensure its policy, advocacy and capacity building for young people continues. The CEO will be expected to continue to have a powerful national impact and deliver on CYDA’s ambitious Strategic Plan.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent knowledge of the community and/or disability sector including an understanding of experience and issues of relevance to children and young people with disability.
- Outstanding knowledge of Australian politics, systems and public policy, through demonstrated experience in advocacy and campaigning at all levels of government
- Experience in developing constructive and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent rights-based leadership and organisational, financial and people management skills, with specific strengths in leading and developing people of all abilities.
People with lived experience of disability are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Applications should include:
- a cover letter addressed to Matthew Hill, Board Chair
- a statement addressing the selection criteria
- your current resume.
Applications provided in other formats due to access needs will be considered, please contact us to discuss.
The successful applicant will be asked to complete a Police Check and have a Working with Children Check.