Co-Design Committee 2021
(10 hours/month paid role)
- Online role for a 6-month term
- Commitment of 10 hours per month (additional hours based on work need and your availability)
- Use your knowledge, lived experience and ideas and get paid ($35/hour)
- Learn about event management, co-design and connecting young people across Australia
- Create the biggest national gathering of young people with disability happening this year!
About the Co-Design Committee
In September 2021, CYDA will be hosting the second-ever National Youth Disability Summit!
In 2020, 20 young people with disability co-designed the first ever National Youth Disability Summit with us and it was a HUGE success!
We are now looking for the next Co-Design Committee to work with us to bring the 2021 Summit to life!
The National Youth Disability Summit will bring young people from across Australia together to discuss the ideas and policies needed to make our nation a great place for all young people with disability. Importantly the National Summit will be designed by and designed for young people with disability.
This is a PAID opportunity, with fortnightly meetings and tasks in between. You will be employed as a casual. You’ll learn about event management, get to see your ideas become a reality and create the biggest national gathering of young people with disability happening this year!
What we are looking for?
- You are a young person 15-25 with lived experience of disability
- You want to learn more about bringing young people together, co-design and creating great spaces to discuss ideas
- You are keen to contribute your ideas in a group setting to create an incredible Summit
- You can commit 10 hours/month for a 6-month term + attend the Summit itself
- You live in Australia and have the right to work in Australia
- You don’t need experience – we will support your learning and skill development
Who should apply?
Expressions are open to all young people with disability. We define disability as inclusive of (and not limited to) neurodivergence, psychosocial disability, mental illness, intellectual disability, chronic illness, sensory disability, and physical disability. CYDA champions lived experience in our work; you are the expert of your own experience.
We encourage expressions of interest from all members of our community! Folks who identify as LGBTQIA+, First Nations and POC are particularly encouraged to apply, as well as people living in remote, rural, or regional areas.
Diversity of the Co-Design Committee will be considered during selection.