Cre8 Space Grants 2021
- 8 x $2,500 grants available
- Funding for events and activities that inspire connection and community for young people with disability
- Support and training from CYDA for event planning and budgeting
- Connect your community virtually or in-person
- Create an event or activity that builds community, is inclusive, aware and fun
About Cre8 Space Grants
Cre8 Space Grants are here to help fund events and activities for and by young people with disability throughout Australia.
Cre8 Space Grants is inspired by the spirit of the inaugural National Youth Disability Summit.
A total of eight young people aged between 18 and 25 will be given approximately $2,500 in funding and training to host events and activities in your community that inspire connection and create dedicated space for you and other young people with disability within your community.
These events and activities may, or may not, be about disability - they can be anything ranging from a movie night to a sports day, through to a workshop or a small series of games nights.
The most important thing is that young people with disability feel included and that it sparks ongoing connections.
So, if you are a young person with an interest in holding an event that builds community, is inclusive, aware and fun, apply now!
Who should apply?
- You are a young person 18-25 with lived experience of disability
- You want to learn more about bringing young people together with inclusive events or activities
- You are keen to learn more about event management and budgeting
- You can commit to attending Ideation Sessions (training hosted by CYDA)
- You don’t need experience – we will support your learning and skill development
Expressions are open to all young people (18-25) with disability. We define disability as inclusive of (and not limited to) neurodivergence, psychosocial disability, mental illness, intellectual disability, chronic illness, sensory disability, and physical disability. CYDA champions lived experience in our work; you are the expert of your own experience.
We encourage expressions of interest from all members of our community! Folks who identify as LGBTQIA+, First Nations and POC are particularly encouraged to apply, as well as people living in remote, rural, or regional areas.