LivedX is a series of talks given by young people with disability to change, challenge and share experiences
LivedX is a series of talks given by young people with disability to change, challenge and share experiences. LivedX initially premiered at the inaugural National Youth Disability Summit in 2020.
All the videos below feature open captioning and Auslan interpretation. If you’d prefer to watch with closed or no captioning and no Auslan interpreter click here to be taken to the LivedX videos distraction Free and with closed captions youtube playlist.
On this page:
- Watch Tim Lachlan’s LivedX talk titled ‘Developing Confidence in Yourself and Your Abilities’ HERE. In this LivedX talk, Tim shares his journey to building his confidence and abilities through learning WCMX (wheelchair skating!)
- Watch Tim Chan’s LivedX talk titled ‘My Travels with Autism’ HERE. In this LivedX talk, Tim shares his story and experiences of education.
- Watch Allycia Staples’ LivedX talk titled ‘Kindness Matters’ HERE. In this LivedX talk, Allycia shares with us how kindness and creativity have guided her throughout life.
- Watch Poppy Mullins’ LivedX talk titled ‘Veiled Inequality: Deconstructing the "One Size Fits All Approach" in Inclusive Education’ HERE. In this LivedX talk, Poppy shares her experiences and ideas, and calls for genuinely inclusive education.
- Watch Kochava Lillit’s LivedX talk titled ‘A Disability Introduction to Transformative Justice’ HERE. In this LivedX talk, Kochava powerfully discusses transformative justice and disability justice.
You can find all the LivedX videos in these playlists:
LivedX videos Auslan and open captions
LivedX videos distraction Free and with closed captions (Distraction free means optional captioning and no Auslan interpreter)
Mental health and wellbeing – information and resources
If you are feeling overwhelmed, stressed or sad, please reach out for support. Talking to someone can help.
You can contact:
Lifeline 13 11 14
Or contact the Lifeline text line 0477 13 11 14 between the hours of 12pm - 12am (AEST)
Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636
Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
Headspace 1800 650 890.
If you, or a child or young person in your care, needs support during this challenging time, please reach out. Call one of the numbers. If you don't get through straight away, stay on the line - someone will be there.
Or visit: https://coronavirus.beyondblue.org.au/ for online support
Stay in touch:
You can follow CYDA's youth programs by following @theplatformau on Instagram